Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are two of the most commonly overlooked safety devices in your home, yet they are two of the most important. These devices are mostly ignored until they start chirping to remind you to change the battery, but they save countless lives every year. Fire, smoke, and carbon monoxide gas are common household tragedies that can easily be prevented if your safety equipment is up-to-date and in working order. Because we care about the safety of your family, we’re here to properly install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and share some preventative measures to protect your home (and everything in it).
It is highly recommended to have both smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors, though only the former is required in every home or apartment. It only takes a few seconds for a smoke detector to warn your family that something is wrong, giving you ample time to escape and prevent further tragedy. Every second matters in emergency situations like this.
According to the National Fire Protection Agency, you should replace your smoke detector every five years to make sure that it meets updated safety requirements. As technology gets better with time, the efficiency of these devices also improves – and you’ll want only the best for your family and home. While smoke detectors are hardwired, you’ll want to make sure you have replacement batteries on hand in the event of a power outage. Our electricians can help guide you to choose the best device, as well as schedule visits for regular maintenance and replacements as needed.
When smoke detectors need new batteries or some other type of fix, they make chirping sounds that aren’t very loud, but frequent and annoying enough to prevent you from falling asleep (or get on your last nerve). It may be tempting to disable it altogether, but we highly advise against this – by the time morning comes, you may forget to replace it. Call us instead – we’ll promptly head out to you and make sure it’s in working order.
Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Carbon monoxide is extremely dangerous, if not fatal. It’s the most common form of poisoning death in the United States. What makes it so sneaky is that this gas is odorless and colorless, so it may be your carbon monoxide detector that ends up saving you and your family. Undetected, it only takes a few minutes, or an hour at most, to kill entire families. The most common carbon monoxide leaks come from kitchen stoves, water heaters, furnaces, fireplaces, gas-operated clothes dryers, space heaters, charcoal grills, chimney clogs, and motor vehicle exhaust fumes.
You can prevent this tragedy by making sure you have a functional carbon monoxide detector. When we say it’s a matter of life and death, we’re not kidding. We recommend installing them on every floor of your house, as well as in every bedroom. If you should hear your carbon monoxide detector beeping, don’t wait – leave your home immediately, and call 911.
Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation In Coral Springs
Art Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electric specializes in heating and air conditioning, air quality testing, plumbing, and electrical fixes. Located in Coral Springs, we are one of South Florida’s most trusted names to keep your home safe and comfortable. Our knowledgeable and professional electricians have earned the trust of South Florida residents since 1983. When you call us, you can trust that you will receive reliable services at affordable prices. Not only that, we always do the job right the first time, and our record of superb customer service speaks for itself.
For questions about our services or to schedule and in-home consultation, give us a call at 1-800-475-1504.