Make Your Home Safe With Outdoor Lighting
- What Are The Different Types Of Outdoor Lights?
- 3 Ways Outdoor Lighting Make Your Home Safer
- Trust Art Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electric For Your Outdoor Lighting
Did you know that the total area lit by artificial outdoor light continues to increase each year on average by 2% globally, according to the analysis of satellite data? One of the biggest reasons more people are turning towards outdoor lighting is to make their homes safer.
In the US alone, there are roughly more than 3.7 million homes broken into annually. Every time a break-in occurs, homeowners must go through the hassle of filing an insurance claim while dealing with the trauma of having their possessions stolen – some of which might be irreplaceable.
Even though most times, insurance will cover the cost of repairs and item replacement, it’s better to prevent the break-in before it happens. Fortunately, one of the best ways to make your home safer is to have a technician like the ones at Art Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electric install outdoor lighting.
If you’re not yet convinced, read on to learn the different types of outdoor lighting and how installing it can enhance the security of your home.
What Are The Different Types Of Outdoor Lights?
Before looking at how outdoor lighting makes your home safer, we want to discuss briefly some of the different outdoor lighting types you can install.
- Floodlights and spotlights: Spotlights and floodlights are outdoor lights used for down lighting and up lighting an area of your patio or driveway. There are different strength floodlights and spotlights that can be motion sensitive. These lights come in dozens of styles, weights, finishes, and bright levels. They also are usually fixed or flexible position-wise and can provide almost limitless design capabilities.
- Step lights: One of the best lighting features you can get for the outside of your property is step lights. These lights keep all the stairs outside by your door or deck well-lit so that you can safely step into your home or onto your deck or patio. Most step lights are fully weatherproof and come in multiple styles, finishes, and brightness levels.
- Pathway lights: There are many different types and styles of pathway lights available. These lights are often staked into the ground to illuminate pathways, flowerbeds, and pools. Some people also have pathway lights inset into the floor to ensure safety when moving through a darkened area.
3 Ways Outdoor Lighting Make Your Home Safer
Now that you know about the different lights you can have installed, it’s time to discuss how they actually make your home safer. Below we have briefly discussed three ways you can expect outdoor lighting to make your home safer.
1. Outdoor Lighting Makes Your Home Less Attractive To Potential Burglars
As you know, burglaries are one of the most common threats homeowners face in America. With millions of burglaries happening every year, it might be time to consider installing outdoor lighting to keep away would-be criminals.
If you install bright lights around your property, you will rid your home of shadows and leave fewer hiding spaces for thieves to lurk. Also, suppose you have bright outdoor security lights and a camera alarm system. In that case, you’ll be able to catch any criminals and alert the authorities to their identity before any harm comes to you or your home.
Criminals will also be less likely to rob a well-lit home since there is a higher chance of someone seeing them try to break in. You can also have timers and motion detectors installed on your outdoor lights to catch would-be burglars off guard and make them think twice about breaking into your home.
2. Outdoor Lighting Provides Awareness Of Your Homes Surroundings
Unfortunately, many people experience falls at their homes when they cannot see where they are going.
Luckily, to avoid experiencing falls outside your home, you can install outdoor lighting that can help illuminate the areas you tend to walk often.
With a well-light driveway, stairs, patio, backyard, or pathway, you and your family will be safer from accidental falls, which reduces your risk of injury.
3. Outdoor Lighting Increases The Functionality And Safety Of Outdoor Living Spaces
Although there is sometimes no way to prevent an accident from occurring, you can do everything in your power to prevent it. Often the best way to reduce accidents from happening outdoors is to improve your lighting, which will increase the functionality and safety of your outdoor living spaces – like your BBQ area.
If you can keep your outdoor entertaining areas like your bar, pool, or outdoor kitchen well-lit, you’re far more likely to keep yourself, your family, and your guests safe. This is because outdoor lighting can highlight these areas and bring attention to potential hazards like steps, uneven pathways, decorative items, hot surfaces, glassware, and other people.
Ultimately, with the correct outdoor lighting, you can get the most out of entertaining while staying safe. So consider having a certified electrician install outdoor lighting to ensure safety and comfort.
Trust Art Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electric For Your Outdoor Lighting
Outdoor lighting is one of the best ways to make your home safe. Although it might be tempting to complete a DIY project, it’s often best to hire an electrician from a reputable company to safely install outdoor lighting around your home.
If you’re in South Florida, consider hiring one of our electricians, we have experience installing outdoor lighting, home security lighting, light fixtures, motion sensor lighting, landscape lighting, and more.
Our qualified team will do everything they can to ensure you’re 100% satisfied with your lighting investment, so contact us at 1-800-475-1504, and we’ll help you make your home safer.