Home electrical wiring needs can range anywhere from emergency fix-its to a simple re-arranging of existing wiring for ergonomic purposes. Art Plumbing, AC & Electric are here for all of your home’s wiring needs, whatever they may be.
Repairs and Rewiring
A major component of home remodels and renovations are the choices: to rewire parts of your electrical system or to not rewire parts of your electrical system.
There are a few things you want to consider when deciding if you should have parts of the wiring system replaced, including:
- The age of existing wiring – old circuits often do not include a ground conductor, which can pose a safety risk.
- The condition of existing wiring – has your electrical wiring system been damaged? What was the quality of the original installation?
- Does your home have a fuse box or not?
- Does your service panel have high enough amp service to accommodate more demand?
Once you’ve gone through these questions with the guidance of a trained technician, you will know which sections of your electrical wiring system need to be replaced in order to keep up with the added demands that come with a remodel, and to comply with your local cities code compliance. These repairs and replacements are dangerous and should never be DIYed – leave them to the professionals instead.
Although electrical work typically falls on the practical side of things, there are times when spreading creativity throughout your home requires power, especially if you decide to get creative with light fixtures. This is where we come in!
Here are our favorite ways to use light to elevate your home:
In the Pool
From colorful lights in your pool to paving lighting around it, installing pool lighting ensures safety while swimming at night and adds excitement to your home’s landscaping.
Under-cabinet lighting not only looks pleasing but helps make cooking or baking much more enjoyable. Kitchens with one main light source in the center of the room can be frustrating to work in because you end up working in your own shadow. With a simple light installation, your kitchen can be transformed into a cooking oasis.
Chandeliers are not reserved for castles anymore… Make your childhood dreams come true by having a chandelier installed in your home! This is a brilliant way to make your home feel more luxurious and classier.
Our favorite places for chandeliers to go are:
- Above staircases
- In bedrooms – you might even consider installing a mini-chandelier in your kid’s room!
- In the dining room
- In your entryway
Your chandelier can be as bold and extravagant as you like – or you can keep it simple with a macramé or woven design.
Getting Energy Smart
Focusing on the wiring within your home; there are several things that we can assist you with to help reduce your home’s energy consumption. These include installing:
- Programmable thermostats
- Energy-efficient water heaters
- Lamp timers
Swift and efficient installation of these devices mean you will be on your way to being more energy smart in no time.
If you find yourself reaching for extension cords day after day, it may be time to have some extra outlets installed. Some areas of your home that could potentially benefit from this are:
- The kitchen. You have the option to install an outlet in the center of your kitchen island so it’s completely functional, and it can be kept discrete so your counters don’t look cluttered.
- Children’s rooms. More and more children have their own phones or tablets which require daily charging. If they have a television or video games in their room, they will find an extra outlet extremely useful.
- Outdoor spaces. Outdoor outlets can make your life much more convenient.
- Home offices. Over the past few years, there has been a huge increase in the number of people who now work from home. A home office needs to be efficient and functional – with enough outlets for computers, laptops, printers, and more.
Art Is Here for All Your Home Electrical Wiring Needs!
Whatever your home wiring needs, Art Plumbing, AC & Electric has got you covered! Contact us today at 1-800-475-1504 for reliable service and installation.