Reading Time: 3 minutes
Spring is only three days away and you’ve got yourself a case of spring fever, have you? National Spring-Cleaning Week begins Sunday, March 27th this year! It’s time to clean out our homes from kitchen cabinets, bedroom closets and everything in between, but is taking care of the HVAC system making your agenda this year? Read on to learn more about HVAC systems and useful tips on adding air conditioning system maintenance to your Spring cleaning ‘to-do’ list this year.
What Is An HVAC System?
HVAC is short for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems; thus, an HVAC system works to provide comfortable home temperatures. Being a resident of Florida, you want to depend on this system to cool down your home during periods of oppressive heat.
This system can take form in many different shapes, i.e., air conditioners, ductwork, and other home temperature controls.
What Are Typical Problems Of Air Conditioning Systems?
By staying regular on your HVAC maintenance, this can help to better avoid future problems.
The following are plausible air conditioning system problems, especially with the lack of proper maintenance:
- With there being plenty of humidity, particularly in South Florida, the risk of corrosion increases because of the moisture in the air.
- Corrosion can occur anywhere in HVAC systems, like on wires. This will cause it to not perform properly, which will stress out the system and make it work more harder than it should.
- Ultimately, you’ll be paying more for inefficient cooling.
- Humidity makes its way into the drain lines, especially in air conditioners, which attracts moisture. If moisture enters the HVAC system, that means water isn’t exiting the system correctly.
- Watch out for puddles or leaking lines. If you spot any, call a licensed technician from Art Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electric to inspect and repair your damaged HVAC system.
- If you don’t keep your HVAC system clean from dirt and debris, the grime can result in the system not working properly and it can even cause parts to break within your system.
Best HVAC Maintenance Tips
It’s important to maintain your HVAC system to keep it running and without issues.
The following are basic maintenance tips:
- Change the system’s filter. By changing your air filter, this helps to keep the air circulating in your household clean.
- Perform a visual inspection. During every season or every time you change your air filter, inspect the outside of your HVAC system. If you see grass growing around the unit or leaves are sticking to it, clean it off. This simple cleaning can help avoid damage and increase its efficiency.
- Have your HVAC system inspected. Contacting your professional HVAC technician, Art Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electric, to inspect your air conditioning system twice a year is a good idea. Our team does a thorough examination and has a keen eye for detail.
Benefits Of Preventative Air Conditioning System Maintenance
Utilizing preventative maintenance can not only take care of your system, but also help you to better recognize when your HVAC system is unhealthy.
There are many benefits to enacting preventative maintenance besides avoiding a list of costly expenses. Some benefits include decreasing energy bills, lengthening the life of your HVAC system, and preventing less system malfunction.
- Decreasing energy bills: A decrease in energy bills means your HVAC system is working efficiently. This can be the result of continuous maintenance.
- Lengthening life of HVAC system: In general, having regular maintenance of your system will help to extend its life. It also helps to prevent less system malfunctions, which means more money in your pocket.
Even though you can do your own “on-the-surface” inspection of your HVAC system, you could miss a thing or two.
It’s best to contact your local professional if you suspect something is wrong with your system or if you’d like a trained eye to confirm that everything is running well.
Local Plumbing and HVAC Professionals in South Florida
Art Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electric has you covered with our outstanding air conditioning services and more to keep you cool during the hot, humid South Florida summers.
Do you want to know more about our HVAC services? Check out our HVAC blog, follow us on Facebook or call Art Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electric at 1-800-475-1504.