Buying your own home for the first time is one of the greatest feelings in the world – you’ve finally made it as an adult. But just as quickly as you feel an overwhelming sense of accomplishment, you are left with an overwhelming sense of responsibility to take care of what you’ve purchased. Keeping up with regular home maintenance tasks is the first step in taking responsibility for your new home.
Just like regular oil changes to make sure your car is healthy and happy; you need to make sure you are conducting the right home maintenance checks to keep your home in good shape and hassle-free!
It can be overwhelming to think about all the things you need to take care of as a homeowner, so our licensed technicians at Art Plumbing, AC & Electric have put together a preventative whole home maintenance checklist just for you. From plumbing and AC maintenance to electric – we’ve got you covered.
Everything You Need To Know About Plumbing Home Maintenance
Plumbing problems can be a silent but deadly killer – often going unnoticed until it’s too late. Luckily, regular home maintenance on your plumbing system can result in early detection – or even total elimination – of these problems.
With the help of a plumbing technician, here’s everything you need to know about home plumbing maintenance.
Plumbing Preventative Maintenance Checklist
- Conduct regular preventative pipe maintenance to make sure the water that enters your home through your pipes isn’t contaminated in any way.
- Get a rooter service at least once a year to prevent clogged drains and blockages coming from the main sewer line.
- Make use of camera inspections to find out what maintenance is needed on your sewer and drain systems, and fix any cracks or blockages to prevent further issues.
- Get a professional to look at your garbage disposal and get it cleaned so that it is running smoothly, and no damage is made to the blades and pipes.
- Call a professional to conduct annual water heater maintenance to ensure your family always has access to hot water, it runs efficiently, and lasts for many years to come.
Everything You Need To Know About AC Home Maintenance
AC units in South Florida are an essential to any home. They receive a lot of use so it’s important to give them the right maintenance and love they deserve to keep them going throughout those extra hot days.
At Art Plumbing, AC & Electric, our HVAC technicians are available to inspect and perform regular maintenance on your unit according to our ultimate AC maintenance checklist.
AC Preventative Maintenance Checklist
- Install and regularly replace your filter to both keep your air clean and prolong the life of your AC unit.
- Hire an HVAC technician to perform a thorough inspection and any needed maintenance to keep it running at its best and avoid it breaking down at a later stage.
- Examine and clean your evaporator coils regularly to avoid a dust build up that leads to unclean airflow into your home.
- Check and clean your registers – or vents – to make sure there isn’t any debris preventing airflow.
Everything You Need To Know About Electrical Home Maintenance
Electrical home maintenance is incredibly important for the safety of your home, your appliances, and especially your family. Failing to conduct regular electrical home maintenance has the potential to result in electrocution and electrical fires.
Luckily, these issues can be easily prevented with the help of professional electricians and regular home maintenance. Here we’ve put together an electrical home maintenance checklist to help put your home and family’s safety first.
Electrical Preventative Maintenance Checklist
- Have an electrician perform tests on the electrical currents and parts, as well as the overall system, to evaluate if all is in order and working as it should.
- Keep an eye out for any loose or faulty wiring so that an electrician can fix these elements before it can result in a dangerous situation.
- Conduct a thorough lighting inspection on all indoor and outdoor lighting to make sure your family isn’t left in the dark.
- Hire an electrician to inspect your switches and plug points throughout your home to make sure there aren’t any signs of future problems to come.
- Monitor the temperature of the air flowing out of your HVAC system to ensure there aren’t any electrical faults that could lead to further damage and costly repairs.
Hiring Professionals Who Can Do It All
At Art Plumbing, AC & Electric we think prevention is always better than cure. If you’re looking for the right professionals to make sure your entire home receives the maintenance it deserves for the best results, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our expert technicians have been keeping home’s in South Florida well-maintained since 1983. Check out our verified customer reviews and give us a call at 1-800-475-1504 to discuss your whole home maintenance needs today.
Click on the infographic below to download the high res version
Copy and paste the code below to embed this infographic onto your website: